Active employment opportunities will be posted below. Even if none are currently active,
feel free to send in a resume anytime and we will keep it on file for future reference.
CLASS 5 DRIVERS NEEDED IN FORT MCMURRAY
Oil City Express is currently recruiting for experienced Class 5 Drivers in Fort McMurray. The successful candidates will be responsible for delivering freight from our Fort McMurray warehouse to customers in Fort McMurray and surrounding oil sands sites using a 24ft 5ton box truck.
These are permanent full time positions located in Fort McMurray. Oil City Express is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be given consideration in any hiring decisions made.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities / Skills Required:
- Adherence to Oil City H&S and company policies as well as Commercial Vehicle Regulations
- Completing daily driver logs in accordance with Hours of Service Regulations
- Complete and fill out pre trip inspections
- Ensure vehicle is properly equipped and in proper working order daily
- Give proper care to the operation and maintenance of vehicles and equipment
- Follow the scheduled plan for each load and inform your supervisor of any deviations for any reason
- Maintain BOL`s and documents, properly signed off with all required info and kept in good order
- Maintain professional and courteous driving habits at all times, driving to conditions
- Be alert to risks and threats in order to prevent incidents and/or losses before they occur
- Must be physically fit to handle movement of sometimes heavier pallets
- Work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- High focus on professionalism and customer satisfaction
Work and Pay Schedule / Hours:
- Tuesday to Saturday with Sunday/Monday off and periodic extra work if wanted on days off
- Start times daily are typically 8am, you may be asked to start earlier on some days as necessary
- Finish times vary daily depending upon freight volumes, customer demand and other factors
- Pay periods run two weeks, cutting off on Saturday evenings, reset on Sunday mornings
- Payday on Fridays after the end of pay period
Minimum Qualifying Requirements:
- minimum 1 years direct or related experience in industry and handling a 5ton truck
- clean drivers abstract with no more than 2 demerits and clear class 5 licensed (non GDL)
- physically fit and able to push/pull heavy pallets and lift boxes up to 50 lbs
- good work attitude with high focus on customer satisfaction
- attention to detail / paperwork accuracy
- CSTS and OSSA or BSO/CSO is required
- Ability to clearly speak, read and write English is required
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Drug and Alcohol test will be required
- Must have own smart phone in good working order
Working Condition Considerations:
There are often occasions when the individual may come into contact with dust due to the site’s conditions and with fluids from the vehicles such as windshield washer, coolant and oil. You may also be exposed to loud noises, hot, cold, wet, dry, weather conditions and muddy, slippery, icy ground surfaces. Vehicle inspection, regardless of weather conditions, is required daily. Always be aware of moving equipment in the yard.
- Greenshield medical benefits after 3 months probationary period
- Good dynamic mix in duties/loads/destinations
- Competitive pay rates with increases after 3 months, 6 months, then annual after performance review
- Busy and growing family owned/run business since 1999, you're a TEAM member not just an employee!
- Please email your resume, references, and abstract to [email protected]
- We thank all those who apply. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.