2023 Federal Personal Tax Credits Return


NOTE:  You can follow the directions below and complete all TD1 info here and submit it, or you can download the official TD1 form from CRA, print it, complete it and send it in to Peter in the office.  The CRA downloadable PDF copy can be downloaded here:  CRA TD1 Download

Filling out Form TD1

Fill out this form only if any of the following apply:

• you have a new employer or payer, and you will receive salary, wages, commissions, pensions, employment insurance benefits,

or any other remuneration

• you want to change the amounts you previously claimed (for example, the number of your eligible dependants has changed)

• you want to claim the deduction for living in a prescribed zone

• you want to increase the amount of tax deducted at source

Certify and date it at the bottom, and click SUBMIT to send it in.

Provincial or territorial personal tax credits return

You also have to fill out a provincial or territorial TD1 form if your claim amount on line 13 is more than $15,000. Use the Form TD1 for your province or territory of employment if you are an employee. Use the Form TD1 for your province or territory of residence if you are a pensioner. Your employer or payer will use both this federal form and your most recent provincial or territorial Form TD1 to determine the amount of your tax deductions.

Your employer or payer will deduct provincial or territorial taxes after allowing the provincial or territorial basic personal amount if you are claiming the basic personal amount only.

Note: You may be able to claim the child amount on Form TD1SK, 2023 Saskatchewan Personal Tax Credits Return if you are a Saskatchewan resident supporting children under 18 at any time during 2023. Therefore, you may want to fill out Form TD1SK even if you are only claiming the basic personal amount on this form.

Additional tax to be deducted

If you want to have more tax deducted at source, fill out "Additional tax to be deducted" section below.

Reduction in tax deductions

You may ask to have less tax deducted at source if you are eligible for deductions or non-refundable tax credits that are not listed on this form (for example, periodic contributions to a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), child care or employment expenses, charitable donations, and tuition and education amounts carried forward from the previous year). To make this request, fill out Form T1213, Request to Reduce Tax Deductions at Source, to get a letter of authority from your tax services office. Give the letter of authority to your employer or payer. You do not need a letter of authority if your employer deducts RRSP contributions from your salary.

If you have more than one employer or payer at the same time and you have already claimed personal tax credit amounts on another Form TD1 for 2023, you cannot claim them again. If your total income from all sources will be more than the personal tax credits you claimed on another Form TD1, Type YES in this box, enter "0" on Line 13 and do not fill in Lines 2 to 12.
Type YES in this box if your total income for the year from all employers and payers will be less than your total claim amount on line 13. Your employer or payer will not deduct tax from your earnings.
As a non-resident, will 90% or more of your world income be included in determining your taxable income earned in Canada in 2023? If YES, type YES below and ensure all above sections are completed as applicable. If NO, type NO below and Enter "0" on line 13, and do not fill in lines 2 to 12 as you are not entitled to the personal tax credits. Call the international tax and non-resident enquiries line at 1-800-959-8281 if you are unsure of your residency status.
You may claim any of the following amounts if you live in the Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Yukon, or another prescribed northern zone for more than six months in a row beginning or ending in 2023: • $11.00 for each day that you live in the prescribed northern zone • $22.00 for each day that you live in the prescribed northern zone if, during that time, you live in a dwelling that you maintain, and you are the only person living in that dwelling who is claiming this deduction $ Employees living in a prescribed intermediate zone may claim 50% of the total of the above amounts. For more information, go to canada.ca/taxes-northern-residents.
You may want to have more tax deducted from each payment if you receive other income such as non-employment income from CPP or QPP benefits, or old age security pension. You may have less tax to pay when you file your income tax and benefit return by doing this. Enter the additional tax amount you want deducted from each payment to choose this option. You may fill out a new Form TD1 to change this deduction later.
I certify that the information given on this form is correct and complete by typing your unique employee #, located at top right of your paystubs, below:
This site uses Google reCAPTCHA technology to fight spam. Your use of reCAPTCHA is subject to Google's Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Thank you! Your TD1 was sent successfully.

Personal information (including the SIN) is collected for the purposes of the administration or enforcement of the Income Tax Act and related programs and activities including administering tax, benefits, audit, compliance, and collection. The information collected may be used or disclosed for purposes of other federal acts that provide for the imposition and collection of a tax or duty. It may also be disclosed to other federal, provincial, territorial, or foreign government institutions to the extent authorized by law. Failure to provide this information may result in interest payable, penalties, or other actions. Under the Privacy Act, individuals have a right of protection, access to and correction of their personal information, or to file a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner of Canada regarding the handling of their personal information. Refer to Personal Information Bank CRA PPU 120 on Info Source at canada.ca/cra-info-source.