2023 Alberta Personal Tax Credits Return


NOTE: You can follow the directions below and complete all TD1AB info here and submit it, or you can download the official 

TD1 AB form from CRA, print it, complete it and send it in to Peter in the office. The CRA downloadable PDF copy can be downloaded here: CRA TD1AB Download

Filling out Form TD1AB

Fill out this form if you have income in Alberta and any of the following apply:

• you have a new employer or payer, and you will receive salary, wages, commissions, pensions, employment insurance benefits, or any other


• you want to change the amounts you previously claimed (for example, the number of your eligible dependants has changed)

• you want to increase the amount of tax deducted at source

Certify and date it at the bottom, and click SUBMIT to send it in.

If you do not fill out Form TD1AB, Oil City Express will deduct taxes after allowing the basic personal amount only.

Additional tax to be deducted

If you want to have more tax deducted at source, fill out section "Additional tax to be deducted" on the federal Form TD1.

Reduction in tax deductions

You may ask to have less tax deducted at source if you are eligible for deductions or non-refundable tax credits that are not listed on this form (for example, periodic contributions to a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), child care or employment expenses, charitable donations, and tuition and education amounts carried forward from the previous year). To make this request, fill out Form T1213, Request to Reduce Tax Deductions at Source, to get a letter of authority from your tax services office. Give the letter of authority to your employer or payer. You do not need a letter of authority if your employer deducts RRSP contributions from your salary.

If you have more than one employer or payer at the same time and you have already claimed personal tax credit amounts on another Form TD1AB for 2023, you cannot claim them again. If your total income from all sources will be more than the personal tax credits you claimed on another Form TD1AB, type YES in this box, enter "0" on line 11 and do not fill in lines 2 to 10.
Type YES in this box if your total income for the year from all employers and payers will be less than your total claim amount on line 11. Your employer or payer will not deduct tax from your earnings.
I certify that the information given on this form is correct and complete by typing your unique employee #, located at top right of your paystubs, below:
This site uses Google reCAPTCHA technology to fight spam. Your use of reCAPTCHA is subject to Google's Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Thank you! Your TD1AB was sent successfully.

Personal information (including the SIN) is collected for the purposes of the administration or enforcement of the Income Tax Act and related programs and activities including administering tax, benefits, audit, compliance, and collection. The information collected may be used or disclosed for purposes of other federal acts that provide for the imposition and collection of a tax or duty. It may also be disclosed to other federal, provincial, territorial, or foreign government institutions to the extent authorized by law. Failure to provide this information may result in interest payable, penalties, or other actions. Under the Privacy Act, individuals have a right of protection, access to and correction of their personal information, or to file a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner of Canada regarding the handling of their personal information. Refer to Personal Information Bank CRA PPU 120 on Info Source at canada.ca/cra-info-source.